Evergreen is a non-profit, charitable organization funded by donations from individuals, faith communities, service clubs, companies, foundations, gifts and bequests. A small grant from the Ministry of Health provides partial funding for our in-home volunteer program.
We offer many options for making donations. Tax receipts for amounts over $20 are provided on all options.
- By Phone: You can always call our office and make a credit card donation by talking to a staff member.
- By Mail: Send us a cheque payable to “Evergreen Hospice” to: Evergreen Hospice, 201-5762 Hwy 7 East, Markham, Ontario, L3P 1A8.
- Online – with no charges to Evergreen: Use SimkplyK, a Canadian company to donate. Unlike other platforms, SimplyK does not charge Evergreen transaction fees, so your entire donation goes to support our work. E-receipt emailed to you right away. **The platform gives you the option to add a tip to help SimplyK continue to provide this service at no cost to charities. FYI – no receipt is given for the tip amount. If you don’t want to add a tip, when in the section called “confirm your donation” just select “Other” in the drop-down menu (click on the little triangle shaped down arrow) and enter $0 under “tip amount”. See FAQs below for more information.
- Online – with fees Evergreen pays: Canadahelps.org will accept donations on our behalf. We will be charged 3.75% on donations using this link or 5.5% for using their platform for our walk event. Receipts are emailed to you right away. You can also donate using the Paypal button. They charge us 1.6% + $0.30 on money sent to us through their form. A receipt will be mailed to you at a later date from Evergreen.
Thank you for your kind support
Donation FAQs for SimplyK
Why am I being asked to include a tip on top of my donation?
Simplyk offers this platform to Evergreen at no cost. It’s 100% free for us to use. Instead of charging Evergreen a percentage of each donation, Simplyk asks for a voluntary contribution from donors or a “tip” during the payment process. This voluntary contribution helps to cover the costs of operating the platform and pays the bank fees so that non-profits can maximize their impact. Here are some reasons you may want to support them as well:
1. You receive an instant tax receipt from Simplyk.
2. Simplyk simplifies and streamlines our administration process to track your donation, meaning Evergreen can focus on other things.
3. Simplyk covers the bank fees on all donations that made through the platform. On other platforms, credit card and bank fees reduce the amount Evergreen receives from a donation by about 3 to 5 percent.
How can I tip a different amount than shown?
You can manually adjust your percentage of choice by following the steps below:
Step 1: In the section called “confirm your donation” select “Other” in the drop-down menu (click on the little triangle shaped down arrow) instead of the default of 15%.
Step 2: Delete the amount in the text box and type your desired contribution amount in dollars OR click on the up or down arrows until you reach the desired amount. For no tip simply type 0 in the box.
Step 3: Click outside of the text box so that the final total updates to reflect the change.
I’m Interested in in Making a Donation of Securities
Donations of securities can also be made. Complete the Gift of Securities Form (MS Word doc) and fax it to both numbers listed at the bottom of the page (Evergreen’s Broker, and to our main office.) Evergreen will receipt donations of securities according to Revenue Canada rules.
Evergreen Hospice is a registered charitable organization (#128026143 RR0001) under Revenue Canada Agency Charities Division. For more information go to their website. You can see additional financial and donation information on Evergreen’s CRA page.
I’m Interested in Making a Monthly Donation
Will you consider making a bigger difference?
Become a recurring donor today and join a group of exclusive people committed to making a difference. Recurring donors help ensure we have sufficient funding for new and ongoing programs throughout the year. You can always cancel at any time.
I have more questions.
Please get in touch with us by calling the office at 416 499-2185, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monies are also raised for Evergreen through a variety of special events, including The Annual Winter Gala, Hike for Hospice, A Walk to Remember. Additionally, a number of community businesses sponsor events on our behalf. For more information on sponsorship please see the sponsorship page here.
Donations can be made to a particular area of our work. Donations are also appropriate for a memorial, birthday, Christmas, Hanukkah, or other special remembrance. Contributions of any size are appreciated and are considered charitable contributions under the Income Tax Act. Receipts are automatically issued for tax purposes for donations of $20 or more. Please contact our office if you have any questions.