What does Evergreen Hospice do?
Evergreen Hospice is here to support individuals and their families coping with a life-threatening illness, caregiving or grief. We provides community based supportive services to people of all ages in Markham, Stouffville and Thornhill.
Evergreen is a non-profit, charitable organization which depends on donations and limited government funding in order to provide support at no charge to the client.
How will the funds I raise be used?
The funds you raise will make a difference in helping Evergreen be there for individuals and families when they need it most, whether that be through support groups, emotional support from counsellors, memory making, workshops and more. Check out our Every Penny Counts sheet for a better idea on how your money could be spent!
How can I pay in my funds?
There are several ways you can pay in your fundraising!
- Online: If you set up your fundraising page online through CanadaHelps, the funds donated to the page will be directly deposited to Evergreen – you don’t need to do anything further! This is the quickest and easiest way to make donations for both you and your sponsors. You can also make a direct donation through CanadaHelps here.
- By Phone: You can always call our office and make a credit card donation over the phone by speaking with a member of our staff. Phone us on: (416) 499-2185.
- By Mail: Send us a cheque payable to “Evergreen Hospice” to the address: Evergreen Hospice, 201-5762 Hwy 7 East, Markham, Ontario, L3P 1A8.
Will I get a tax receipt?
Tax receipts will be provided for all donations over $20. We will mail you/your sponsors a receipt before the end of the tax year.
How do I set up a fundraising page?
- Visit CanadaHelps.org
- Click ‘Create a Fundraiser’
- Create an account or login to your account if you have one created already
- Select Evergreen as your beneficiary charity
- Follow the steps to create your page – don’t forget to make it personal by adding photos and sharing your purpose for your fundraiser!
- Share your page link on social media, to family, friends and colleagues!
Still have questions?
Let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org.